9. Wagyu Beef Nigiri Sushi
Cooking time：Approx. 5 minutes
©Japan Livestock Products Export Promotion Council
The globally famous “nigiri sushi” is probably one of the first dishes that come to the minds of many when they think of Japanese cuisine. Sushi is commonly topped with seafood, but the tender and flavorful Wagyu Beef also goes very well with vinegared rice. Here, we sear both sides of the meat with a blow torch for a more aromatic finish.
- approx. 30 g beef loin
- bit of sliced white leek
- bit of ginger
- bit of sansho seasoning
- bit of toasted sesame seeds
- white rice
- sushi vinegar (4 parts vinegar, 3 parts sugar, 1 part salt）
- 1.Cut the beef loin into bite-sized pieces, cook briefly, then use a blow torch to lightly sear the surface, just enough to brown.
- 2.Press the vinegared rice together with your hands, place the meat from step 1 on top, and gently press again. Top with the white leek, sansho seasoning, and ginger.
- 3.Sprinkle the toasted sesame seeds. Dip in a little bit of soy sauce and enjoy.