14. Beef Miso-zuke (Tokiwa-zuke )
*Cooked beef marinated with miso
Cooking time：Approx. 10 minutes
©Japan Livestock Products Export Promotion Council
“Cooked beef marinated with miso” conveys different impressions at each restaurant. This recipe is a specialty dish of this restaurant, which is Yonezawa Beef cooked after being marinated with a special matured sauce made with Yonezawa’s local miso and lees of locally produced sake. A unique flavor is produced as the deliciousness of miso soaks into the beef after being marinated for 2 or 3 days.
- 1cm-thick chuck roll and top-round, as desired
［Traditional sauce: A］
- Mixture of sake lees, miso and others, as desired
- 1.Soak the beef in the [sauce A] placed in a pot, etc.
- 2.After marinating the beef for 2 or 3 days, remove the beef and lightly wipe it to remove the miso.
- 3.Place the beef from step 1 on a frying pan without oil, and pour just enough water in to cover the beef.
- 4.Cook the beef until dry and finish when the beef shines.
provided the recipeEating place Sukiyaki Tokiwa(Yonezawa-shi, Yamagata Prefecture)
＊This recipe is specially arranged for home-cooking, and it differs to one served in a restaurant.