Cooking time：Approx. 10 minutes
©Japan Livestock Products Export Promotion Council
Gyudon is a dish consisting of a bowl of white rice topped with beef and onions simmered in a salty-sweet sauce containing soy sauce. The thick sauce that is not too sweet goes very well with white rice, making gyudon one of the most popular rice bowl dishes in Japan.
- 300g short plate of Wagyu Beef, thinly sliced
- 1/2 onion
- a bit of cabbage, shredded
- a bit of gari (sweet pickled ginger, sliced)
- white rice (Tottori-grown Koshihikari) as desired
［seasoning sauce A］
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sake
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp sugar
- pinch of pepper
- 1.Sauté the short plate of beef without oil. Add the sliced onions.
- 2.Once all of the meat is cooked through, add [seasoning sauce A] and simmer until reduced.
- 3.Place cabbage over bowls of white rice, and pour the contents of step 2 on top. Serve with gari.
provided the recipeTakumi Kappo (Tottori-shi, Tottori Prefecture)
＊This is an exclusive recipe for this guidebook, and it is not available at a restaurant.